How to decorate your Patio doors
Make your Patio Doors Christmassy!
For your chance to win great prizes, enter our #Northpolepatio competition. Simply decorate your patio doors in all their festive glory and send photos to us using the hashtag #Northpolepatio on twitter or via our Facebook page. We will be choosing our favourites from the entries, with two prizes to be won each week!
Stuck for inspiration? Lucky for you, we’ve written a handy guide suitable for a range of decorating styles to give you some hints and tips.
- Keep it simple – if you’re not wanting to go overboard, keep your design simple by decorating a Christmas tree and positioning it to the side of or in front of your patio doors.
- Get creative – use your patio doors as a blank canvas and get creative with stickers and decorations that can go directly on the glass doors. Break out the faux snow and create a blizzard of festive fun creating your own bespoke design.
- Stay tasteful – if you’re interested in something a little more tasteful (and with less clean up involved come January) source some festive figurines that can be positioned in front of the doors (inside or outside your property). Stags are a popular choice this year, with many high street retailers offering free-standing decoration to suit a range of budgets.
- Understated glamour – attach a festive wreath to your patio doors. Adhesive hooks are now on the market that can be used internally and externally, without causing any damage to the glass once it has been removed. Fix a wreath to both sides of the glass for show-stopper that can be seen inside and outside of the property. Go a step further and make your own wreath! Show us your creative side with gathered foliage from the garden paired with a handful of Christmas decorations and cinnamon sticks for a traditional and classic wreath.
- Go modern – Christmas lights aren’t just for the front of your property….fasten colourful vintage style lights across the top of your patio door frame for an understated look, or choose hanging icicle style lights for decoration you can enjoy both inside and out. What better way to enjoy your patio doors, than to stay cosy inside with a mug of something warm while looking at the twinkling snow scene outside. If light up figurines are your thing, set up a scene on your patio and include in your snap!
- Stay traditional – lucky enough to have a Summer House in your garden? Replicate the birthplace of baby Jesus and create a stable scene complete with crib. Just make sure your patio doors are in the shot when you take the baby’s first portrait!
- Think outside the box – if all else fails, gather the family and take a photo in front of your patio door in Christmas jumpers. Pets can get involved too, after all the more the merrier!! Drape some tinsel over the family dog or pop a hat on the cat if you can get them to sit still long enough.
Hopefully that gives you enough ideas to get cracking…but if you’re still searching for more inspiration, search our hashtag #Northpolepatio on TWITTER or follow us on FACEBOOK to see some of the other entries we’ve received. You’ve got to be in it to win it, so what are you waiting for? Get your elf hat on and start decorating!