We recognise that a well trained workforce that is encouraged to develop its knowledge
and skills on a continual basis will make a major contribution to the competitiveness
and success of the business.
We are committed to sustainable development and as such wish to ensure that our
workforce is multi-skilled.
We aim to increase our employees’ awareness and appreciation of quality, environmental
and occupational health & safety issues.
We will incorporate these principles into the training provided for our employees,
as applicable to their function, in the following areas:
- Health and safety awareness and implementation
- The importance of reducing environmental impacts
- Quality as the responsibility of all employees
- Anti discrimination and equal opportunities
- Updates to induction training as needed
- The Corporate Responsibility Statement
- Legal requirements relating to the business and its activities
- Management skills e.g. communication, project & people management
- Personal development e.g. time management, leadership, delegation, team working
- Other training as may be needed or as requested by individual employees
Managers shall maintain a training matrix which sets out the training history and
future training requirements of all individuals.
Employees are encouraged to ensure that they receive all training required for their
position and to request any further training that they may consider desirable.
We will always seek to employ local people wherever this is practicable and appropriate
in order to benefit the local community and minimise travel pollution.